1. What is the success rate of IVF programs at the clinic?
“ECO” clinic shows good results in all types of programs: in standard IVF programs pregnancy occurs in 53% of cases; the efficiency of IVF programs with fresh donor oocytes reaches 73%.
2. Does the age have an impact on the treatment’s success?
Of course, a woman's age affects the success of the IVF program. The older the patient, the lower the percentage of pregnancy in IVF program with her own cells. This is due to age-related ovarian insufficiency.
However, the uterus itself does not undergo major changes in a late reproductive age and is capable of bearing a pregnancy until the age of 55.
Such patients are more often offered programs with donor oocytes. In this case the pregnancy will be as healthy as at 30, even if the patient herself is 35-45 years old.
But it is necessary to keep in mind that the older the patient is, the higher is the likelihood of chronic diseases that may affect the pregnancy. Therefore you should have a thorough check-up at your general physician before starting IVF program.
3. Whom the use of donor oocytes is indicated?
Not every woman has the opportunity to give birth to a healthy child using her own eggs. In this case the oocyte donation comes to the rescue.
It effectively solves the problem of infertility with the following medical history:
- lack or complete absence of your own eggs due to natural fertility decline.
- premature ovarian failure.
- resistant ovary syndrome
- absence of ovaries after surgery or trauma
- radiation or chemotherapy
- congenital chromosomal and genetic abnormalities
- 3+ unsuccessful IVF protocols
4. For how long should we stay for the treatment?
The answer to this question depends on the type of the program and the way of preparation to it. In average, it takes from 7 till 17 days.
Usually our foreign patients undergo all medical examinations in their homelands in order not to spend time for it in Russia. If patient comes to the IVF program with her own cells, all treatment stages (stimulation, follicle puncture, embryo transfer) are performed in our clinic. On average this program takes 15-17 days.
If the patient comes to the IVF program with donor oocytes, we can offer her two options. As in the standard IVF program, the patient can undergo all the stages of the treatment at our clinic. Then the program will take 15-17 days.
Optionally, the patient can start endometrial preparation in her home country. In that case, the patient will need to come to the clinic on the 9th day of preparation, and the stay at the clinic will take about 7 days.
5. Is it possible to start endometrial preparation in my home country?
Yes, of course, if you are going to IVF program with donor oocytes, you can start endometrial preparation in your home country. In that case, the doctor will send you a detailed instruction with information about what medications to take and how often you need to have a check-up ultrasound.
6. How many embryos are transferred in your clinic?
According to Russian legislation one or two embryos can be transferred. You can choose how many embryos to transfer. However, you should be aware that the transfer of two embryos has a 25% chance of multiple pregnancy.
We recommend patients to transfer one embryo. The “ECO” Clinic strives to work according to the principle: "1 program - 1 child", since multiple pregnancies pose a higher risk of complications for both mother and child. However, the final decision is always up to the patient.
7. How soon after embryo transfer can I fly home?
There is no evidence that a flight can harm the potential mother or the fetus. So you can fly home the next day after the procedure.
If you have to fly long distances, you just need to follow the general recommendations to prevent the risk of deep vein thrombosis: drink enough water and stretch your legs periodically.
8. What recommendations should I follow after embryo transfer?
After embryo transfer there is no need to remain at bed rest. However, there are some recommendations that should be followed:
- you should avoid stress and negative emotions. A fright or stress reaction causes significant contractions of the myometrium, which can be the reason for failed embryo attachment;
- it is worth limiting physical activity, active sports. Swimming, leisurely walks, easy work, simple fitness exercises are allowed and even useful. It is not advisable to lie in bed or sit up all the time, so that blood does not stagnate in the genitals, but you must not overexert yourself either;
- do not take hot baths, do not go to the sauna.
Two weeks after the transfer is recommended to alternate physical activity and rest, do not lift weights (more than two kg), do not bend forward sharply. You can do the usual household chores, but during the day it is better to lie down for an hour or two.
9. How accurate is the urine pregnancy test?
Doctors recommend doing the urine pregnancy test two weeks after the embryo transfer. Also two weeks after the transfer you should take a blood test for hCG. This is the most accurate and indicative test for pregnancy.
1. Do I need a visa to come for treatment?
The visa requirements depend on the country you are traveling from. With some countries, for example with Serbia, Montenegro and Moldova, Russia has an agreement on visa-free entry.
However, most countries have a visa regime, and you need to apply for a visa to come to Russia. There are two types of visa, which you can use to come: tourist and business for the treatment purpose. In order for the patient to apply for a business visa, the clinic requests a special invitation from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
At the moment, due to the spread of COVID-19 infection and the introduction of restrictions on entry to Russia, entry for treatment is possible only with business visas.
For more information, please contact the international department of the clinic by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +7 927-688-42-99.
2. Where can I stay during the treatment?
In Samara there are many options for accommodation to fir every taste.The clinic, in turn, cooperates with one of the best hotels in our city 7 Avenue Hotel and Spa 5*. The hotel offers very attractive discount for our patients. In addition, if you prefer to live in an apartment, we can help you to find one.
3. How can I pay for treatment?
We offer patients a variety of payment options.
a. Bank transfer to the foreign currency account of the clinic. The payment is made in EUR.
b. By bank card in the clinic. MIR, Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay, JCB, ApplePay, GooglePay, SamsungPay payment systems are accepted. Payment is made in RUB at the Central Bank of Russia rate on the date of payment.
c. By cash at the clinic. Payment is made in RUB at the Central Bank of Russia rate on the date of payment.
You can choose the most convenient payment option.
4. What do I need to take with for treatment in Russia?
First of all, you need to take all the documents with you:
In addition, you must bring suitable clothing for the season. The staff of the international department will advise you on the expected temperature during your treatment.